Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Need a Brake--July 12, 2010

Woke up at 11:07 A.M.  Aha!  So that's how much sleep my body needed!  It was a good sleep, though.  I HATE sleeping in, but there are times when I just absolutely need it.

I grabbed a microwavable lunch for breakfast (out of milk).  I tell you, there is nothing like eating shrimp and pasta for breakfast.  I think I'll take cereal any day.

Took a shower and came out to Boogs in my house!  I was still in the bathroom, but man, it REALLY throws you for a loop when you hear a woman in your house that you hadn't planned on!  Crazy!  She had Baby, and they stayed for about an hour.  She needed me to make a picture CD for her, so I did that.  Boy, she takes a lot of pictures.  Typical first-time Mommy.

After she left, I headed outside to be productive.  I needed to do something.  But I stood outside pretty purpose-less for the longest time.  I finally concluded that I needed to mow my yard, so I took the time to do that.  I also sprayed it for the second time this season.  I'm confident that the first time was a wash (literally) due to heavy rains that came the very same day, so I'm hoping that what I did today actually makes a difference.  My yard is literally 70% weeds.  I want to see some grass!

And then I did something that surprised even me!  I ended up cooking tonight!  Around 4:45 I started a meal.  I cooked some tilapia, cut a fresh tomato, and boiled some fresh sweet corn!  It was a very good meal if I do say so myself!  So after a month of being home, I finally used my oven for the first time.  That sounds about right.

I loaded up some tools to return to Dad and then headed that way around 6:00 o'clock.  About 1/4 mile away from their house, I hit my brakes, but they went straight to the floor!  I had nothing!!!  I let go, then pumped them again, and my truck jerked, but they were just empty.  Crap.  It was a repeat of what happened on Saturday evening with Angie.  Not good.

Another fix on my truck!  Grr.  Well, I made it to his house after literally driving right by it!  I tried to stop in time, but I just cruised right on by.  Good to know.  While there, I helped him put an ice cream freezer motor back together, dropped off my yard clippings, picked up some tools for the mower, then headed to Jobu's house.  They weren't home, so I took a tool, then headed out.  I ended up seeing him about 1/2 mile away, though, coming back from a motorcycle ride.  So I headed on back.

I stayed there about 45 minutes.  I grabbed a couple more tools, then went to leave, but I noticed a leak under my truck.  So Jobu and I got underneath it and found out that I had a hole in my left rear brake line.  Dang it!  It's going to be a bear to fix as my truck is VERY rusty underneath there.  Do I pay someone to do it or do it myself?  What to do, what to do.

I ended up leaving there and coming back home.  I stayed a good distance behind cars, started braking early, and used 2nd gear as an extra brake!  It worked out fine, but this problem really needs to be fixed soon.  I came back home and started working on the push mower right away.  Frankly, I am about out of cash, and I could use some money soon!  I took the flywheel off, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a flywheel key sheared in half.  Perfect.  I replaced it, put it all back together, and tried her out.  She started first pull.  Another one fixed.

I listed it on craigslist.  We'll see what happens!

I spent the rest of the night inside.

Ended up going to bed at 11:15.  I'm eager to get back into a healthy early-night, early-morning routine!

Alarm is set for 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment