Sunday, July 4, 2010

No Time to Breathe!!!--July 2, 2010

Woke up at 7:30 A.M.  Grabbed a quick shower, then headed to Charlier Parker's for breakfast with Crazy.  That was enjoyable.  Just two good friends sitting, eating, and talking.  Hard to beat.  Ended up getting there at 8:10 and leaving around 9:10.

Headed out to my mowing job straight from there.  I ended up getting out there around 9:35 and was on the VERY NICE mower at 10:00.  I had a little bit of a hard time getting it started, but I finally figured out it was a parking brake that needed to be on.  So I started mowing.  And what a yard this is!!!  It's easily a few acres.  So that's what I did for the next two hours...just back and forth, back and forth.  It really is a monster of a yard.  Can't imagine mowing it with anything BUT this type of mower.  It's a commercial-grade zero-turn.  Pretty nice.

Went out to eat with the owner for a quick lunch.  She took me out to Subway.  Came back and helped out her mom get her Skype working.  And while there, we were all able to talk to the dad all the way over in Africa.  So that was nice.

Went from there to Lowe's where I returned one of the bushes from yesterday.  It's nice to get money back!  Came home after that and just plopped on the couch.  I was tired, I was burnt, and I was gone.  I ended up falling asleep with one leg on the couch, one leg off, and my body in a very awkward position.  But I was gone for a bit.  An hour?  Less?  More?  I don't even know.  I just know that I remember coming in around 2:something...and waking up at 4:37.  But I had a problem.  I felt DEAD.  I seriously wondered if something was wrong with me, that's how out of it I felt.  I literally had no energy.

I finally mustered up the strength to head for Mom and Dad's house for a bite to eat (Mom had texted me).  I enjoyed three bowls of taco salad, and then my aunt and I headed to a garage sale about 1/2 mile down the road.  I picked up a shelf for my garage, a food dehydrator (beef jerky!!!), and a vise-grip clamp.  All for 5 bucks.  I made out well!  We headed back to Mom and Dad's house, and then from there I ended up going out on the boat with Casey, Boogs, Philip, and Megan.  I'm not goin' to lie, I wasn't crazy thrilled about going, but I was kind of needed, and honestly, I didn't really have anything else to do.  So we headed out on the water around 6:30.  We ended up staying out there the rest of the evening, enjoying the fireworks well into the night.  Pringles, Chips Ahoy, sweet tea, and a's kind of hard to beat.

I ended up back at my house at 11:30 P.M.  VERY tired.  A very busy day.  I was in bed at 11:50.  Alarm is set for 8:00 A.M.  I've got garage sales to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment