Sunday, July 18, 2010

Much Money Out, Little Money In!!!--July 17, 2010


Woke up at 8:05 A.M.  Grabbed breakfast, took a shower, then headed for a closed garage sale from last night.  It was closed again!  I guess it was an old sign.  Grr!  I was holdin' out hope on that one.  I then hit the highway for about a 25-mile trip to look at a tiller.  I loved the trip.  I was just enjoying the windows down, the beautiful wind, the freedom of it all, and the lovely corn and bean fields.  It kind of felt like a motorcycle trip...just in a truck!  I was havin' the time of my life.

I ended up buyin' the non-running tiller.  $60.  I'm hopin' to fix it and sell it for over $100.  We'll see!  I talked to the seller for about 20 minutes about motorcycle trips, small engines, and the like.  He was a nice guy.  On the way back to Springfield, I stopped at four more garage sales.  Worthless.  Seriously worthless.  Junk, junk, junk.  America would be one rich nation if we didn't spend our money on crap!

I called up Mom and requested chili, and she obliged.  So I headed out to their house, getting their about 11:00.  I ended up stayin' there for a couple of hours.  My aunt showed up, and I gave her the weed trimmer that I had fixed.  A nice $30 back in my pocket.  I need some cash!  I'm runnin' low!

I headed back to my house around 2:00-ish and started working on the tiller I had purchased this morning.  It had old oil just sitting in the tank and in the carburetor (the gas evaporated, the oil did not), so I cleaned both of those up.  I was eager to try it out, but I didn't have any two-stroke oil, so I had to make a run to the gas station.  But it was $6/quart there, so I passed.  I went to another one.  Same story.  Bah.  So I headed to Wal-Mart.  $1.32 for a small container that will probably last me all season.  I came back and poured the fuel and oil in.  And, boy, did I have a leak.  Once I primed the primer bulb, I had fuel shooting everywhere out of the old gas lines.  So I replaced those!

Mom and Debbie had come over, and we installed new line they had just purchased into Debbie's weed trimmer.  They left, and I continued working on the tiller.  I never could get it to fire, though.  Somethin' is just not right.  It doesn't even act like it's trying to fire.  The spark plug is often wet.  Hmm.  I tried a new plug, but same ol', same ol'.  I checked spark.  It's small but there.  Hmm.  But I was at my wit's end, so I put it away.

I ended up goin' for a run around 5:30.  It was pretty warm, but I just love to sweat when I'm productive in somethin' like that.  Three days in a row now.  It's VERY minor running, but I'm doin' it.  Came back and ate two slices of left-over pizza :) from last night.  I then hopped in my truck and headed to Menard's to pick up tomato cages.  They were on sale for 75 cents apiece, so I bought 15 of 'em.  This garden is costin' me money!!!  Tomatoes, a tiller, and now cages!  I think this should do it, though.  I came back and installed the cages.  The plants look sooooooooooo much better now.  I have high hopes for them!

I took a shower, then spent the rest of the night inside.  I had originally planned on going to the Sweetcorn Festival, but I decided against it without someone to go with.  I then figured I would just head to a local bar just to get out of the house, but the thought of spending money and sittin' there by myself didn't sound too appealing, either!  So I loafed around at home.

My roommate had a friend come in tonight, so I was able to get out and talk to her/them for about 45 minutes.  That was nice.  But they were off to bed around 11:30.  She's sleepin' on my couch!!!

Ended up goin' to bed myself at 12:49 A.M.  Alarm is set for 8:30.  Got church in the morning.  Ready to get back into that.  Haven't had a dose of Sunday School in weeks.

And I'm hopin' for some storms these next couple of days.  They keep changing the forecast (surprise, surprise), but I'm hopin'.  We need it BAD.  Plus I want to see it rain!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment