Monday, July 12, 2010

Runnin' on Empty--July 11, 2010

Woke up off and on all morning.  I heard moving and people talking early but didn't have a clue on the time.  I didn't even care about the time.  I just knew I was unbelievably tired.  So I took the blanket and threw it over my head.  I NEEDED to sleep.  I seriously had one of the worst nights of sleep of my life.  I never really felt like I went way under.  It was just a very light "sleep."  Agh, it was painful.  I bobbed back and forth for awhile, with my thoughts seeming like dreams.  It was...interesting to say the least.  I honestly wasn't sure if I was thinking or dreaming.

I finally stood up around 10:15.  I welcomed a cup of coffee, and I chatted a bit with Angie.  I had really wanted to get home for church since I didn't have Sunday School last week (I like the small stuff more than the big stuff), but it just wasn't goin' to happen.  I munched on chips for breakfast and downed two cups of coffee.  I think she wanted me to stay, but I was eager to get on back home.  But we talked for a bit more, but I finally pushed off.

I left around 11:30.  I ended up taking some back way not on purpose, but I ended up exactly where I needed to be in Bloomington!  I hit the highway and started the 70-mile trek.  The interstate driving was fine, but once I hit a local road, I had some brake problems.  Basically, coming off of a stoplight, the brakes were still on!  I couldn't get above 30 MPH!  So I turned off on a side road, pumped the brakes, and they were perfect again.  Hmm.  I ended up rolling into Mom and Dad's house at 12:40.  They were just starting to eat.  I eagerly joined!

I stayed there for a bit but then headed back for my house around 2:00.  I was so tired, though.  I watched the World Cup final with Sean, but once it went past regulation, I headed out to the garage.  I cleaned up Mom and Dad's fountain for someone to check out around 3:00.  They didn't show up until 4:00!  But it sold!  That thing has been in the family for nearly 50 years!  I think we got our use out of it!

I started working on the push mower I had purchased on Friday.  I tore it all apart, but I didn't have any sockets big enough to take off the flywheel.  So I worked on the weedeater I had purchased on Friday!  I was able to get it to run, and it runs good, but that was only with me covering up the large crack in the primer bulb.  Basically, it needs all new fuel lines and a new primer bulb.  So much for "Yes, it runs perfectly.  I wouldn't lie to you!"  Hmm.  To her credit, maybe it did run perfectly when she put it away (??????????), but she really made it seem like it ran great last week.  Oh well.  I replaced most of the hose with some I had purchased recently, but I ended up breaking the fuel filter in the process.  Grr.  Looks like this project is goin' to have to wait.  Always somethin'.

I ended up taking a nap from 6:00-7:00 this evening.  And man, was it a deep one.  I woke up and had to force myself out of bed.  I was pretty confident I could sleep through tomorrow morning.  I ended up having a lil' "date," but it was one of the most worthless nights of my life.  We grabbed a movie from RedBox, but that was about the most excitement of the night.  She was old, the movie was terrible, and she even fell asleep during the movie.  Easier for me that way, though.  I was pretty much ready for it to be over from the get-go!  Oh well.  We'll chalk that one up as an embarrassing one.

Ended up going to bed at 1:28 A.M.  I was pretty tired.  I opted not to set my alarm.  I'm goin' to try to let my body take as much sleep as it needs in order to rebound from last night.  We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment