Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cuttin' Pipe--July 16, 2010

Woke up at 9:17 A.M.  My body WAS tired!  But I felt good.  I love getting a good night's sleep.  Grabbed some breakfast, showered, then headed to the credit union to get some cash.  Last night, I had set up a time to look at a tiller this morning.  And I was a bit pressed for time as I needed to be 25 miles north by 10:15!  I grabbed $50 and headed out the door.

I ended up buyin' the mini tiller for $70.  It came with another non-working tiller that he threw in for free.  I figured I would just take it for extra tines.  From there, I drove out to the horse ranch in order to cut out copper pipe for the owners.  I had been asked to do it this week, and here it was Friday already, and I hadn't done it!  So I made that my goal for today.  I arrived around 11:15 and ended up talking with Jobu and Chris for an hour or so.  I finally hopped down in the crawlspace somewhere after noon.  And I spent the next few hours literally just cutting pipe.

It was pretty dark down there, very damp, and a tad bit confusing.  I just started with one pipe and tried to follow it all around the house.  But it wasn't always that easy.  The pipes would just end all of a sudden, so I would have to look for a new one, hoping (and figuring out) that it wasn't a currently-used water pipe.  It wasn't necessarily hard work, but it was a bit monotonous.  After a few hours of bein' down there, I was definitely ready to get out.

I put all of the pipe (80-100 feet?) in the garage, grabbed a load of manure compost, then headed home.  I called Dad to see if he would be interested in goin' garage-saling, and he obliged.  I arrived home around 4 o'clock, threw the manure on my garden, tried out my new tiller, sold the mower I had bought last week ($50 profit), and then waited for Dad to come over.  We headed to Chatham for some garage sales, but they were all new "rich" houses...the people didn't own anything worthwhile!  I hate new-house garage sales!  I ended up buyin' a 50-cent winter face-protector and a 50-cent gas tank.  Worthless sales.

We headed to Pizza Hut for supper, then came back home.  I watered my garden again, watered my front grass, and then worked on the 4-cycle weed trimmer from last week since I was already dirty.  I am able to get it running, but it won't run full-speed, and I can't figure out why!  I am ready to get that contraption out of my garage!!!  It's taking up too much space!

I went for another run, then took a shower, and spent the rest of the night inside.  I was excited to hear rain drops around 10:00 P.M., but it only amounted to about 100 of 'em.  Not even enough to make the entire sidewalk wet.  Grr!  But the north side of Springfield picked up a thunderstorm, and I could hear the thunder in the distance!  But no rain here.

Definitely a drought comin' on.

Ended up going to bed at 1:15 A.M., about two hours later than I had planned.  Gotta wake up at 8 o'clock to go check out another tiller!  It's one that needs fixed, but I'll plan on doin' that soon!  And depending upon which one is in better shape, I'll end up selling one of 'em!  I might as well keep the good one!

We'll see.  I'm so ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment